Monday, March 16, 2009

And so it begins...

Tel Aviv morningI can fairly say I am still a stranger in this land.
The language still challenges me and people are not as polite and diplomatic as they were back in Europe. Which does not imply that any is better than the other, but Israel is not for the faint of heart.
I have been away from my family for nearly 6 years and there are days when I feel out of touch. On the other side of the balance, I'm happily married with 2 toddlers which I have to keep up with. I love cooking for them and I often find myself hoping that they will always prefer my cooking over a BigMac.
I'm one of those "do it from scratch" kind of gal and I must say I have been enjoying every bit of the ride. I'm a proud green, DIY nut.

1 comment:

  1. Alexandra:

    LOOOOOOve your blog....

    Interestingly enough, I am Portuguese, born and raised.... Currently live in the US... and married an AMAZING Israeli "guy".... (He too is the only thing that makes the US feel like home, as I too feel like a stranger here...) I know what you mean about Israel, though... I LOVE it; but yes, it's not for the "faint of heart"... :)

    Boa Sorte e muitos beijinhos... Adorei ver as referencias a Portugal as chavenas do cafe e os paninhos portugueses... ah!! e a receita da avo CLARO... (Sim eu li tudo, e verdade....)

    LINDO!!!

    O Mundo e mesmo pequeno... que maravilha!Beijocas - Juliana :)

    ReplyDelete